Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Went to lunch today at Avery to celebrate Julie's birthday.
I like what they have done with it. It is now a casual dining restaurant, but with really decent prices. I had a duck leg simmered with merlot and creme brulee for dessert. Food is a little on the heavy side, but where else can you go on at Caltech for a good meal at such a price?
Even the cafeteria comes close if you buy a soda with your meal.
But I am rather full now......good thing I am going kick boxing tonight. Will need to burn off all the extra calories that I had consumed somehow.

That dominant negative Su(H) experiment is really driving me nuts. AR has a new construct that is supposed to work better, and it does, about a 2 fold better, but really still doesn't work well enough. So I spend a week doing an experiment and it turns out the effect I need wasn't seen in (of course), the most crucial data sets. Oh well, Murphy's law I guess. Now I get to make more RNA and try it again. But perhaps I have finally gotten a handle on this problem. We'll see.

Recently I have been in contact with some old classmates, from my days at St Nicks and NJC. Funny, I am not entirely sure why, but it sure is good to hear from people from you past and to know that they are all successul etc. Perhaps it validates my existence? Who knows? But I like to know that all is well in their lives. And all the shared memories. Even with people who weren't really my friends back in the day, there is a connection from having shared experiences from my really young days....

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

It's cool rite? I think there's this shared sense of history that makes it really easy to pick up where we left off...and yes, it's nice to know that everyone is achieving some form of success. I think that's really gratifying.

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home