Thursday, June 17, 2004

too many things, too little time

EHD decides to buy the COPAS embryo sorter. I find out that it costs ~$200,000. Holy cow! That's like the operating budget of some labs! But the machine does work well. And Eric is pleased with the data from the machine and the QPCR measurements. The new machine will arrive next week. My suspicion is that I will be spending quite a bit of time learning how to use it. If I end up being in charge of it I will ask EHD for excuse from my enzyme duties.

My gel shifts worked like a charm, thanks to Cathy's help. It's been a good week so far, just busy.

Kelly is great. She's smart and enthusiastic. So far not too much has been going on as we are waiting for her primers to arrive. I have a series of interesting experiments planned for next week. Just hope everything works.

Took Eric's little chihuahua for a run yesterday. It was pretty good though, was able to keep up with me for the first mile and managed to finish the second on as well, though he faded a little. But considering this dog doesn't get much exercise--not bad. I think I will take him for a run in the park tomorrow. Maybe at a smaller pace, but longer distance. He was super excited to see me today. I guess he enjoys getting out of the house. But I already did my run before getting to the house, so no walk today.

Heard from Zhihui today! I'm lousy at keeping in touch, but it's good to know that she is happily married and is likely to move back to NY sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home