Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Eric came by for lunch today, which was very nice. I hadn't seen him for a week and a half. It kind of stinks that he is now down in San Diego working since I don't get to see him a whole lot, but I guess things could be worse.

Veronica got a job at the university of Colorado. I always knew that she was going to do well, and I still think that she will be one of the most successful postdocs from my lab. It's good to hear that others are doing well. Most days now I wonder if this is the right path for me. Am I going to succeed? Not just getting any old job (even that IS hard nowadays), but to actually be good, to be known in the field. But when I see others doing well it gives me hope that it will be possible for me as well. Michele said that she had felt that way in grad school too, so perhaps such emotions are normal. T is really cynical these days. I wonder if that is a prerequisite for graduation. Regardless, I have many good friends in the lab, and for that I am grateful. It makes the days go by a lot easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home