Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Crappy sea urchins

Why is it that experiments never work the way they are supposed to? It seems that every time I try and work hard by doing more experiments in a given day there is an equal and opposing force (not unlike newton's third law I suppose) that prevents that from happening? Like yesterday, I decided to inject 2 females instead of one. Was tired as a dog, then arrived this morning to discover that embryos are not good. Probably because I injected too much RNA. I might be able to salvage one of the experiments, but the other set was completely screwed up. So now instead of doing a different experiment tomorrow I will have to repeat the one on monday. Crap. Yes stuff like that makes me a little crabby. Couple that with news that so and so's advisor is letting them graduate with having done less work really doesn't improve my mood. Yes I know life is not fair and I should focus on what I'm doing. But still doesn't make me feel good.

V is at Carnegie Mellon for an interview.

Miles ran: 5

Saw this really cute dress at jcrew.com. Am tempted to buy it, but often these things dont' really fit me and I have to return them anyway. Besides, i have a lot of clothes. On the other hand, a girl can never have too many outfits (or purses for that matter).

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvia said...

Don't be afraid to ask for help from your advisor and labmates, when you run into trouble with your experiments. Don't be dejected if they refuse to help you, just sit back and think who else would be able to help. Face up to the truth: who are your friends, and who simply do not want to commit. Often, your friends/labmates/advisor would be able to give you insight, or new ideas on what to work on.

Buy the dress. It will buy you one week of happiness, and happiness is good motivation to continue working on your phD :)

10:34 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

Hello,
I don't actually know who you are, but thanks for reading the blog and the advice.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

I like the clean look...

6:40 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

thought i'd have a change from all that pink......:P

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home