Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Free Lunch

I definitely am still a graduate student, or at least I display one of the phenotypic traits of one--never forgo a free lunch.
Larry Zipursky was here giving a seminar today. I had the opportunity to have lunch with him, a chance I promptly grabbed. After all, how can one turn down a free lunch at the faculty club. So as usual I stuffed myself with plenty of food and dessert, leaving me rather sleepy from the sugar high for the rest of the afternoon. The company was nice. Meeting other students for lunch somehow made me realise that my life is perhaps not so bad after all. We all have our woes, and somehow it's good to see that others have problems too. I met a third year who wants to graduate. Now I know that I'm not nuts.

Off for KB class. Just hope that I don't get wet on my way to the parking structure. Looks like it is pouring out there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

EVERYBODY loves a free lunch!

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home