Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Little Stressed...

I have quite a number of things that I need to do in the next week or so, and some that have further deadlines, and the stress of it all is finally getting to me. I also know that for as long as I can remember, I like to wait till the very last minute to get things done. For some reason the pressure of deadlines also adds to my efficiency, with the unpleasant side effect of psychological distress.

File my taxes. I've never waited this close to 4/15 before.

Am leaving for SF tomorrow yet I feel that I have a number of things to do. Am almost certain that I will forget something but won't realise it until I am there. I suppose nothing can beat the time I went to woods hole and forgot my toothbrush. Woods Hole is one of those one shop towns, and the shop closes early. Naturally I arrived after the shops have closed for the day.

Had my first coaching with Lisa for the Canyon House Workshop and I feel that I need a lot of work. I'm really having trouble with some of the rhythms from Beth's aria. It stinks that I am a crappy musician. Just takes forever for me to learn a new piece. And I got the music for the trio I'm going to sing as well. Goes up to a C-sharp, and I will have to work with two other singers as well.

Have been feeling flabby lately. Now I am not fat or overweight by any measure, but I had been used to running 10-20 miles a week and now I only get in 3-5. I know that I've been busy with all the singing stuff I'm doing blah blah, but I did notice that I've gained some weight and just look a little rotund around the middle. And I've also noticed the change in my mood. Whoever said exercise releases endorphins was definitely on to something.

Talked to EHD briefly and he suggested that I do another experiment. Ugh! Just experiment upon experiment I swear. I thought I was done after this last one, but then the results wasn't what I expected and now I have to do some other experiments to determine other possibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home