Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Lauridsen Weekend

After a long indecision process, I finally signed up for the Lauridsen weekend at Asilomar this labor day. We get to sing Lux Aeterna and a couple of other Lauridsen pieces with the composer present to help us with background, interpretation etc. Between Eric and I it was going to cost us $1000, which is a good chunk of change, but I thought, hey, when am I ever going to get a chance to do that again? And I felt that if I didn't do it then I would probably feel a slight twinge regret that I might have been able to do it. I guess I'll just have to live frugally for a while, no clothes shopping that is. Used to spend so much money on clothes, but I don't believe I have bought anything since before Christmas! This must be some kind of a record. For one thing, my closets are about to explode and I certainly have no lack of things to wear. In fact, I am slightly embarassed to say that I still have clothes with tags on. Besides, these days most of my cash goes to music lessons in one form or another, and I guess the Lauridsen weekend can be considered some kind of "musical advancement." My friend Kat is going with her dad, and Barbara will be there too, along with some other chorale members, so I won't be TOTALLY alone. I'm also hoping that I will have a job by then so I will also have more cash to spend :P So I have to work hard on the Oxy application. It's a good job, but I need more details and they are on spring break this week so have to wait I guess. Regardless, I still need a CV, cover letter and teaching statement, so it's not like I don't have anything to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home