Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dumpster Diving

Now that was a new experience for me. And all for some music scores. Knowing that Diane was going to be driving to rehearsal tonight, I had brought my music out with me when I got to work this morning. I placed them on the desk next to me, but somehow during the course of the day the music "fell" into the trash can. Come 6:30, my carpool was waiting for me, and I was in a panic attack because I have no music! Called Diane telling her I was going to be late, and then spent ~15 minutes looking for them to no avail. I suspected that it might have gotten thrown out by accident. After all, who in the world would steal that! Called Roger on the phone, and what he said suggested that they may be in the dumpster behind the building. So after I got back from rehearsal (having to buy new music since I didn't know what happened to the old ones) I put on some gloves, got a big stick and made my way to the dumpsters. After a little digging around, I figured out which one of the dumpsters contained trash from my lab (yes, isn't that lovely) and after a little more I found all my music (the fancy pencil I had has gone MIA however). The Mozart got a little dirty, but all were in surprisingly good condition. One might wonder why I would go looking for music when I already got new ones? A-ha, I have notes on the old ones, and like a good choir geek, notes were what made the music valuable in the first place. They are on my desk now (in the middle this time) until tomorrow when I find the time to transfer the new notes I put in tonight into the old music. My Samuel Barber art song book has arrived at the local library. Going to pick it up tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home