Sunday, March 26, 2006

Kat's Party

I have known Kat from choir for over a year now, and we chat often during rehearsals. Yesterday she invited me to her boyfriend's birthday party, at a nice little house just south of Hollywood. The people were really nice, very different from the people I normally would hang out with, as they are mostly in the music business. Recording engineers/rockers/cinemetographer etc. It was really neat though, and I was glad I went. It's rare when I am at a party these days and is the only scientist. Perhaps they are as intrigued with me as I am with them. Even banged on an African drum for a few minutes. Had to leave early as I had an audition this morning.

I think the audition went well. Kathleen and her friend Lisa thought I sounded really good, esp at the top. I got a little nervous and I think the rythmn got a little vague at times, but I managed to hit all the notes at least. I didn't sing the piece from Carousel, they decided that the Willow Song was enough. So hopefully I'll get to do this workshop, it will provide me with some much needed coaching. Also found out that I might be able to sing in a production of Il Pagliacci in May. That would be really cool, if I am doing all the opera stuff....Only problem is, all my nights will be taken up and I'll be really really busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home