Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm in I'm in!!!!!

Today was a good day for me.
I got a message on my phone from kathleen saying that I made it into the Canyon House Workshop. They want me to start by preparing Beth's Aria from Little Women. She said they were impressed with my high notes and ability to learn music quickly. So I'm rather happy today. Apparently they have quite a few sopranos, but I'm the highest. Kinda weird for someone who sang mezzo up to 6 months ago. But I'm totally excited cos I will get some coaching and master classes. I'm going to have to miss the first one cos of my trip to SF, which would be a bummer, but the trip has been planned for a while now and I haven't seen Deb for over a year.
My other piece of good news is that I'm in the chorus for Pagliacci. Kat had received an email from Mary Lou regarding the opera but I didn't; instead I heard about it through Kathleen. I emailed Mary Lou anyway saying I was interested but I thought that it wasn't going to happen. But I got the rehearsal schedule from Mary Lou today! Whoopee! It will be with the newly formed El Dorado Opera, and I believe they intend to cast locally and will be holding auditions for the season in May. It would be a good opportunity for me to check out the company. So 2 opera things that I will be doing from now till the end of May, and then I start rehearsing for La Traviata. It's going to be a real busy couple of months and I'm going to have to budget my time really really well.

2 Comments:

Blogger coralmarine said...

Congratulations!

7:42 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

hey thanks!
did you go to rita's wedding?

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home