Saturday, July 15, 2006

I sang a solid high F today......yeah!!!!!!!!!!! Me not knowing what notes I'm singing definitely makes it easier. But I'm still working on accessing the flageolet register, it's a little tricky, but Kathleen is helping me along. I'm just thinking of all the fabulous coloratura arias that I might be able to tackle. whoopee!

Next week I'm going to interview at Oxy for a possible teaching position. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Fleas are gone from the cats. Phew. That was gross for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

What's Oxy? Occidental College?

GOOD LUCK!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

hello nola,
my teacher has this teachnique that helps. So you do the typical do-mi-so-doh exercise, Put your thumb and forefinger in the corners of your mouth, and as you approach the high note you bring your fingers closer (sort of like squeezing, but gently of course), thereby creating a more O shape. It sounds weird, but I have found it to be helpful.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home