Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Computer woes and others

My computer is dying. Well it crashed the other day and would not boot up. After consultation with T and S they agree that there is probably an issue with my motherboard. I did eventually managed to get it up and running again and it seems to be doing well now, but the little incident really freaked me out (at that moment I didn't actually have all the data back up) and I am once again in the market for a new laptop. I am trying to decide if I will stick with the Dell or go MAC. After all, everyone knows that Apple makes the coolest computers. And Q told me that Apple's new Bootcamp will allow me to run windows on a mac, so I can still run my windows specific programs. Sounds intriguing, I must look into this. I was just so not planning on forking out a grand for another computer just yet though, with the Lauridsen weekend costing me a lot of money and since Kathleen will be returning soon I will restart the lessons and they cost an arm and leg. Plus the toad will me moving to NYC in a month and then I have to pay double rent. Ugh, financial woes runneth over. I have that summer teaching gig that will help bring in extra money, so at least that would help.

It's interesting working with kids on the H & G. One of the kids got cranky today and I really didn't know what to do. And I have a 7 year old who is having some trouble with the music, though I am not too worried cos I think he's just young, but I have to pay extra attention to him and sing in his ear. Some of the music is starting to get tricky and I have to start working on it a little at home.

The Opera Concert went really well. I don't think I have enjoyed a concert that much for a while. Unlike the Messiah, the focus wasn't so much on refined singing with a beautiful light tone, sort of like the frosting on a cake. Instead I get to sing like an opera singer, which is what I am anyway, so I felt that I was able to put my training to good use! Also I got to belt out high Bs and Cs, which you never get to do singing oratorios, masses and the such, esp if you sing second soprano like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home