Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My first paid gig!

I feel all professional at the moment. I got a gig this christmas singing in the chorus of Amahl and the Night Visitors with the Intimate Opera Company. It doesn't pay a whole lot, but most workshop companies don't even pay their principals, let alone chorus members so in that sense it's not bad. Not to mention that I really need to get as many productions under my belt as I can right now. Besides, what's better than getting paid to do what you enjoy anyway? I even had to sign a contract, which added to the whole "Oh I feel so professional thing", and the fact that I am booked for a gig 6 months in advance. I have the nasty feeling that it is going to conflict with the Angeles Chorale concert schedule, so I might have to pass on the fall concert. Well I guess it depends on what they are going to be singing as well.

Yesterday we started staging for the Pagliacci, which was really quite fun, even though I am a little under the weather at the moment. I think Danielle might have give me her cold. So far I am still holding on to the hope that it might just be bad allergies, but at least it's now and not next week. Kat and I are both playing ladies on the prowl for a husband, and we get into a little spat with Diana. Ha ha, I still get messed up on the words but I'm sure it'll all get better from here.

So right now I have:
Pagliacci next week
Chorale Opera Gala in June
Magic Flute in July
La Traviata in August
Amahl in December

Things are going ok on the research front. Need to get this set of QPCR data to EHD (after I DO the experiment, of course). But I think I'm really close to finishing the cis reg part of the project and now just need to work on the binding sites. I just hope all goes well enough so I don't have to have more experiments to do all the time. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home