Monday, October 31, 2005

Sheer Exhaustion

This weekend was the first weekend in a month of so where I had been able to simply relax and not worry about stuff.

First there was the celebration of my 29th year on this planet. Few of us from work went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner and then a session at a karoke bar. This was after the lunch we had at Citrus Bistro on campus. Quirky gifts I received included: the latest 60GB video ipod (a la Eric), a Magic Bullet blender system, a mug, bath teabags, cat toys, a pair each of bamboo shrimp, dwarf gourami, gold gourami and blue gourami.

But it was mostly the fact that I had a bit of a lull in my interview/job app schedule to take a break. I have an interview this thursday, so its by no means time to relax; however after the last one I felt that I needed a break.

So I spent the rest of the weekend knitting, making dumplings, cleaning, grocery shopping, watching movies and running. Alright cleaning and laundry are not relaxing activities, but at least they don't require me to use my greatly depleted brain power. Yes I did get a practice session in yesterday, and will do another on later today. But there isn't much time left, and while the break was good, it is not the time to let up.

Eric's dog is donning my little knitted sweater. Looked a little small for him, but is mostly fine though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Happy Belated birthday!! It was Oct 28, rite??

8:07 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

yup,
now we're all the same age!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Hahaha do you have a list of things you wanna do before you're 30?

5:57 PM  
Blogger coralmarine said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Remeber it, but have no access to the net while travelling.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home