Thursday, April 07, 2005

Woods Hole

I always forget how in a strange way I am always warmer on the east coast even though the temperature is much lower. Sure it is cold if I go outside, but all the buildings have such good temperature control that often I am actually warmer than I would be in LA. New England is beautiful. It is so different from the vast desert that is southern CA. There are trees everywhere, no leaves yet on many of them, but it is lovely. The buildings all have sloped roofs for the snow that comes every winter, and the style is completely different.

It's good to see old friends again. I was really glad to see Takuya and Cristina and Jon. It feels like things never change, except that now Jon and Cris brought along their own postdocs and grad students. It's like the children have all grown up and brought their own families with them. The meeting seems a little smaller this year, but the usual suspects are here, with a few exceptions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home