Thursday, September 21, 2006

I've been trying to embrace the healthy living thing once again. Had been slacking off pretty much since the beginning of the year. Mostly I've been singing a lot which doesn't leave a whole lot of time in the evening, but admittedly I had just been lazy. Lately I've started getting at least two days of running a week, and have started weights once again. BobG is right about how exercise make you feel better. I feel so out of shape (compared to the days when I used to run 20 miles a week), but at the same time feel a little more refreshed. There's a lot going on in my life right now, so the running definitely helps.

Spent the better part of my afternoon observing the embryos from the in situs I had done months ago. But that is always the way things are, right before we all have to take off to the sea urchin meeting the entire lab is mobilized in last minute experiments. But I have to say I feel that the lab has been a lot more quiet these days. Perhaps I am less sociable (i have what i would describe as a more targeted/focused approach to socialization these days) so it just seems more quiet. But really, it's only 7:25 and I'm the only one at work. That would never have been the case when i first joined the lab. I personally have been putting in more time lately as I'm in the winding down phase of my research. I think I am all done with experiments and will focus on writing the dreaded thesis soon.

Not so excited about the SU meeting, but am looking forward to going to NYC afterwards, on EHDs budget of course. Have never been there this whole time, and since le toad is living there now I can bunk with him for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home