Saturday, September 16, 2006

for a while I had been hoping i didn't have to do it but after a lot of thought yesterday I think it is all for the better. I had to turn down the part in Amahl as it takes place in December and I imagine that at that time I would be very close to defending and just not up to singing in the demanding schedule that is typical of an opera. There are 8 performances in December, not to mention the intense schedule leading up to that. It was a bummer as that would have been a paid gig, but oh well, sacrifices have to made.

This way I can sing in the chorale, which is much more flexible as I decide to quit anytime if I find it too demanding.

I also got a call to do Don Giovanni with ML, though at this time I am not sure if I will be cast. The performances are in end of October which will work much better for me. And I have had experience working with ML and the company, not to mention that they are a little more high profile and professional, and it's important I maintain that relationship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home