Monday, December 12, 2005

A Loveless Marriage

I feel like I am stuck in a loveless marriage. I was thinking about this yesterday, and my current situation in my program is exactly like that. You have realised that you are no longer in love with the other person (in my case it's science), but yet you cannot leave it. Sure, you can always leave, but just like an unhappy marriage where children are involved, I am stuck in a situation where if I were to leave then I would simply have wasted 7 years of my life and nothing to show for it. So I have to plod on, but the days don't go by easy. Just way too difficult to fake enthusiasm and happiness.

Had our second rehearsal for our Holiday concert at WD concert hall yesterday. I had thought that it was going to be the usual goofy Christmas carolling, but apparently, because we are more like a chamber choir, we are expected to sing really really well as every mistake will be heard. Sigh, I guess I have to go and practice some. The only good thing about singing soprano--I get the melody!

2 Comments:

Blogger Home again said...

Hey, I think it is not a loveless marriage. It is a marriage. And after years of studying the subject in detail, you would be a little tired of it. I will not be as excited as I am about my husband after 7 years of marriage. But it is not loveless, it is just the progression of every relationship, including science? I am sure there must be something about the urchins that first got you started. U just need to find that again. Or maybe you are just tired recently?.

11:02 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

Maybe you're right. But I just don't feel the enthusiasm that I used to for it. I mean I used to be able to find more joy in the little things, but now I can't seem to muster that energy and feeling. And I feel that there aren't many doors open to me right now. I guess I just don't feel the passion for it, and shouldn't you love what you do?

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home