Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I feel like a bit of a lardball these days. Went to kickboxing and felt that I almost had a hard time keeping up! Goodness, when was the last time I felt that way. Granted I haven't been to the class for a while, and you use different muscles, so considering the fact that I am not crazily sore today I guess things were okay. But I have been lagging in the running--these days I only get 10 miles a week. Not entire sure what I can do to energize myself, and the fact that it gets dark at 5pm really doesn't help. I hate daylight savings!

No choir practice this week, and I felt strangely free on tuesday evening. Went for my fortnightly voice lessons yesterday. I am finally getting comfortable with singing soprano. The As and Bs that used to cause great distress are getting much easier now, though I still feel my body tensing as I anticipate the high note. One thing I have to work on. We have been working "Rejoice" from the Messiah and Puccini's "Quando Men Vo", and have sort of started "O Mio Babbino Caro." I must remember to make a trip to the Brand Library to see if I can get on hands of Mozart's "Alleluia." I would like to start that after the new year. Caltech is having the yearly Messiah sing-along 12/9. Nothing to rave about, but it is always great fun to sing a masterpiece in a low key setting.

I still have no idea what to do with my life. EHD mentioned that he could get me a teaching internship are Occidental or Pomona College if I want. I would be fun to do that for a year or so I think, but at the same time I feel that I want to leave the whole academia thing. One great advantage about teaching though, the hours are really great. All the time that I will have to sing and sing and sing! Perhaps I would get good enough to enter a competition or audition for roles! And that would really be sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

I would say take your time to figure out what you wanna do...

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home