Monday, November 06, 2006

We had our first chamber choir rehearsal today. it was certainly intense, singing through a lot of music during the three hour rehearsal. And being in such a small group I really felt I had to pay attention to my sound and how it blends with the other sopranos (there were only 4 altogether for a while, before Julie showed up, which helped immensely). Not to mention having to read all that new music (even though they weren't particularly difficult) in such an exposed fashion that I felt John could hear every single mistake I made. Yikes. Overall though, I was very very impressed with the quality of the singers and the level of musicianship. Everyone is such a good reader and so sensitive and responsive to John and the music. I'm really excited about working with a group of such talented people! Our first concert is in a month, and we have 2 rehearsals before that.

committee meeting in a week. EHD wants to know what I will discuss. Sigh. But I think that things are well, except for the part I have to crap out an entire dissertation in such a short time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home