Monday, October 23, 2006

3 weeks to my committee meeting..........
the paper is going....slow, but going. I am making decent headway on the text, and would really like to have a submittable version to my committee in three weeks. Not to mention that all this week I am going to be doing experiments and singing in Don Giovanni. If it weren't for networking purposes, I would definitely have blown this gig off. Tomorrow is the very long sitz probe, which is annoying if the conductor wants to do the whole thing in order, since we don't sing a whole lot but would have to stay for the whole time.

The chamber group auditon today was rather harrowing. I know all of us expected it, but the idea of singing in quartets still caused me great stress. And from talking to some other people, it's the same for everyone. I was really glad that I took the time this weekend to learn the music as the stuff was not easy and I am no great sight reader. I definitely don't envy John's job of having to pick from a group of really talented people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home