Saturday, December 31, 2005

My last post of the year

I thought that it might be fitting to write a last post before the year is over--over here in Taiwan at least. I am once again at the airport, and I will be spending my New Year's on a plane heading back to LA. The good thing is, I get there new year's eve! So its not really like I had lost out on my new year; rather I get to celebrate it twice this year.

I think I had a good trip overall. Ate A LOT of food! And I am not exaggerating. I think that I had pretty much eaten everything I wanted to (except perhaps the durian) but heck, I had more hawker food in spore this time than all the previous times I traveled there. I met with a lot of old friends whom I haven't seen in years and it was as if we had never been apart. Strange thing I know, there's something special about shared history, after all, I have known some of those people since I was 12. And I was glad that I was able to spend the time with my grandma and aunts in Taipei. I think when you get older you value family more, perhaps because you understand them better; their motives and the reasons why they do the things they do. Like my good friend Deb said, you also see them getting older and in a way can't help feeling sad.

It's been an interesting year. I wouldn't say that it had been my best year, particularly the latter half, but in many ways it had been an enlightening one. So that is good. I can definitely say that I am looking forward to the next year, with new hopes and dreams and experiences.

I had never been into new year resolutions, but this year is a little different. Till the next post--have a happy new year!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Happy New Year!

7:00 PM  
Blogger Sylvia said...

Terrific! Here's wishing 2006 an excellent year !

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home