Saturday, December 17, 2005

I suppose from the pictures you can figure out what I had been up to lately.

Baked cookies for some friends, and got them all nicely wrapped up.

Performed at the Holiday Sing-along concert at Walt Disney Concert Hall. I always enjoy singing there, its really a nice venue, though nothing tops the experience with Zubin Mehta and LA Phil singing Beethoveen's 9th. We messed up on the jingle bells procession. I hate it when that happens, you work really hard on something and then for some reason during the day of the performance you choke. ugh! Our messiah concert is tomorrow. I think rehearsal went well today, and I hope the concert tomorrow will as well. I have a rehearsal at 11am, so why am I doing up now writing this?

Just thinking of all the things that I would like to do as a career:
Singing
Knitting
Some kind of food related thing (after all, I love to cook and eat!)

Unfortunately last time I checked I'm not particularly outstanding in any of those. I am definitely a good singer, but to be great, that's another thing.

I think I want to be creative, to make something out of nothing, to use my brain and think about problems, to generate the most beautiful sound from a sheet of music. To be an artist (just not the drawing kind, not much good at that). And I think I'm a bit of a performer. Bobg had always said that it was why I was good at teaching, I actually enjoy being up there, though I get incredibly nervous.

I really need to start getting ready for my trip. Figured after the concert tomorrow, sunday will involve going for a nice run, laundry chores and packing! Monday I bring the babies to my mom's so she can look after them while I am go and tuesday evening I leave! It's going to be a busy 2 weeks. But I am excited about meeting my old friends whom I haven't seen in so long!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home