Tuesday, June 14, 2005

There's this show on TV now that features has-been music stars performing for charity, with the audience voting on who they like best. Today Vanilla Ice was on the show. It was funny, I never thought that I would ever hear Ice Ice Baby performed again.

Now that Paola is off on maternity leave, I am left with her lab job--organizing the lab meetings. So I am stuck with having to present this week, as it would be impossible to get someone else to do it at such short notice. Crap! I hate these frigging things, but oh well, guess I won't have to do it for a while then. This put a dent in my plans for the week, which included watching Falstaff and Der Rosenkavalier at the LA Opera. They have this great $20 student rush tickets. I have seen quite a few this year already. Hopefully I can get a head start on the lab meeting so I can inject a shitload of sea urchin eggs before getting my butt over to the LA music center tomorrrow.

On a different note, EHD is going to pay me $600 to check some references for his new book. I sure could use that extra money. It'll probably end up going to clothes, though I have this urge to take music lessons (like piano or some stringed instrument, not voice) to beef up my musicianship skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger Home again said...

try piano. no, I dont play the piano well. I have been taking it on and off for years, unsuccessfully. but nevertheless, it has made me more musically inclined. and help during karaoke..hee

12:56 AM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

i took a few years of piano but i didn't work very hard at all, so I cannot play anything. But I did learn how to read the treble clef, which is quite useful for singing. The only drawback to a piano is well...i don't have one. Perhaps an electronic keyboard (which I have) will suffice?

12:24 PM  
Blogger Jean.Chua said...

Yes take piano! I'm taking lessons again and I love it! I take jazz piano.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Home again said...

I am not so sure about electronic... Yeah. Not having piano will mean it is not easy to practise...

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home