Monday, April 18, 2005

Sea World

Finally got to use the Sea World passes I got for my birthday last year. After waking up late and an even later brunch, we made it to the park around noon. First up was the dolphin show, in which we saw dolphins do various tricks like jumping really high and trying to get the audience wet. We saw most of the attractions, including the Shamu show (of course), the penguins, sharks, haunted lighthouse, polar bears, beluga whales. Of course did the overpriced sting ray and dolphin feedings, but what the hey, when am I ever going to touch marine mammals again? I have to say that I was very impressed by how the animals were trained. It was rather cloudy when I arrived, but eventually the sun came out and it got rather warm. Even the sunblock I lathered on myself did not prevent myself from getting slightly burnt. We had a great time, though we did get very tired towards the end of the day. Dinner at a Chinese Islamic restaurant before heading back to LA. It's the first weekend in a while in which Eric and I actually did something different. His job just doesn't leave him much time at all.

Stefan passed his candidacy today. We are going to Amigos for a drink to celebrate.

I think that I may have finally gotten a date for a committee meeting. But Ellen just wrote me back and says that my estimate of an hour for the meeting is VERY optimistic......:P Roger and I think that perhaps it should be 1 1/2 hours instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home