Friday, December 22, 2006

L'orangerie

Eric and I went to L'orangerie in west hollywood for dinner tonight. We had been there before, but this time was decidedly different. Being so close to Christmas, coupled with the fact that the restaurant is closing its doors after twenty years, there was a huge crowd as we got in. We had to wait at least 30 min for our table, which I thought was very unusual at such a fancy place. The food was really quite fabulous, though we were decidedly a little disappointed that the Chateaubriand was not on the menu tonight. I guess it was too much work for the chef. I had a vegetable risotto with black truffle, a john dory and the ever so decadent chocolate souffle for dessert. Needless to say, I was stuffed to the point that I wasn't able to finish the souffle. Eric had lobster bisque with mushroom ravioli, lamb loin and a cheese plate. It was the first time I ever ate truffle, and I think its interesting, though I have to admit I didn't see the big deal over smelly mushrooms. The risotto itself, however, was absolutely divine, made not with rice but all veggies chopped finely. Yum! We were glad we got to go there one last time.

current candle scent: fresh linen. Something about clean smelling clothes

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I'm drooling!!!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home