Thursday, August 18, 2005

New Developments

1. Jaimin Nam arrived on saturday at 4lbs 11oz. Mom ended up needing a c-section but all is well. Dad looks really tired though.

2. The Tosca performance was a success. We screwed up a little (the audience heard wrong :P) but the sound was good. It was pretty fun, but I am not sure if I will do it next year. The drive to Redlands is just brutal. There is another opportunity to sing Tosca with Celestial opear company in S Pas. I am still deciding. I don't think there will be that many rehearsal times so it might be fun, and S Pas is very close by.

3. Decided to start taking voice lessons again. My new teacher is Kathleen Roland, who is on the faculty at Pepperdine voice and diction. We'll see how it goes. At least now I won't have to drive 40 min for lessons.

4. EHD has another little project for me. He needs it completed by next monday, which doesn't give me a whole lot of time. But at this rate he'll be able to pay for my voice lessons AND my bike, which brings me to...

5. I have decided to buy a bicycle to commute from home to work. This partly stems from the fact that the school decided to start charging us for $35 in parking each month. But I had been thinking of getting a bike for a while. It would be fun to ride around in a bike, and perhaps even do a tri one day. Steve at Open Road cycles had suggested I get a beat up bike to avoid theft, but I think that I will get a hybrid bike and store that somewhere in the building. Something that is decent, but not terribly expensive. Funny thing, I ran into George yesterday on campus and he told me he just got a bike....ha ha! I am a little apprehensive about riding on streets. I had never really done that, in fact I hadn't really ridden a bike for over 10 years, and never owned on with gears. Now one never forgets how to ride a bicycle, but I would need a little practice I think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Home again said...

Yeah.. it has been a while, .. thoes biking days... Well, it will (at least) make you feel 10 years younger! hee

And did you just mention you have a new baby sibling in the family? Or did I get it wrong?

10:01 PM  
Blogger La Nuage said...

ha ha no. It's a friend of mine. I cannot imagine my parents having another kid. That would be freaky!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home